- Trench Coat: Classic for men or women- wear it open or belted for a sleek silhouette
- Military Coat: Characterized by a strong collar, structured shape and button details- great way to add drama and edge without leather
- Pea Coat: Originally worn by sailors, usually double breasted, and has slightly less structure and detail than the military coat. A warm wool staple in any wardrobe!
- Puffer Jacket: Popular for urbanites and outdoorsy types alike. These are often down filled for extra warmth and are slightly puffy as the name implies. They are super warm, but not very slenderizing, so some women opt for a belted or slimmer version (not a great look for anyone with a thicker torso)
- Feminine Coat: Comes in many varieties, but tends to have girly flares to them such as a ruffle, princess seams or just a classic feminine shape, nipped in at the waist, maybe a slight puff on the sleeve, or a peplum (my personal favorite). The longer styles are classic pieces for warmth over a dresses and skirts.
- Leather Jacket: The iconic classic rock n roll wardrobe item. Anyone can wear it. There are literally thousands of cuts of this jacket; something for every body shape. Don’t limit yourself to just black and brown either. Leather comes in many beautiful colors!
$64 – hm.com
$96 – debenhams.com