Well, clearly I could live without these, but I wouldn’t be happy about it! What are your favorite beauty products? Am I missing out on anything awesome?! Maybe some new ones will pop up on the list next time!
1. Makeup wipes– Yup, I get lazy at night! It’s important to get your makeup off, so having these on hand is better than nothing when I’m just too tired to do a thorough face washing. They are also great for freshening up after a workout. I buy the CVS brand because they have great sales and coupons on my CVS card.
2. Buxom lip gloss– I love this gloss for a slightly poutier lip, sheer coverage and a little sparkle. I have been a loyal fan for about 4 years! It’s made by Bare Escentuals with Vitamins A and E and free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, GMOs and Triclosan. My go to color is “Katie” (purely by coincidence). It’s sheer with a hint of light pink. It has a slight tingle, more like a cool peppermint tingle rather than a burn like some other plumping glosses.
3. Batiste Dry Shampoo– I seriously don’t know what I would do without dry shampoo! Absolutely essential! I only wash my hair (and blow dry) about twice a week and that is only possible because of dry shampoo. My hair is healthier for it, just ask my hairdresser! I don’t have split ends and hardly ever need a hair cut! I have tried a lot of different brands and for the price this is definitely my favorite. They come tinted for blondes or brunettes so you don’t get that grayed out powder look.
4. Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion mascara– I was a die hard Dior show mascara fan for years, but at $23 a tube I had to find a replacement. I am thoroughly impressed with this mascara for length, separation, volume, etc. I use the non-waterproof in Very Black, 2 -3 coats for dramatic, sexy lashes! At $7.99 a tube it’s a great substitute for my former expensive habit!
5. Headbands– One of the cheapest accessories that instantly changes your look! Headbands are for up-dos, down-dos and everything in between. I love my Sweet Tee Designs headbands, of course. They are thick, boho chic and cover lots of hair (great for when hair is starting to get dirty and won’t cooperate). I’m also a fan of super skinny black ones in multi-packs at any drugstore. So many ways to wear them!
6. Maybelline Define-a-brow pencil– Ladies, line your eyebrows! Especially, if they are really light or sparse and thin, like mine. Fill them in and fake a beautiful shape. It looks polished and they frame the face and draw attention to the eyes. The general rule of thumb is that your brows should be similar to the darkest color that can be found in your hair. Unless, you have super blonde hair, then just do what it takes to just make them show up. A light blonde pencil should do it. I am using the light brown right now, it comes out plenty dark and close to my current brunette status. I like this pencil because it is soft and creamy and goes on easy!